Jan 6, 2017

Dear Kids...Meet Dad

Dear kids,

I would like to formally introduce you to someone very special. He might look vaguely familiar to you and you have probably seen him around the house. He lives right here with us, and eats dinner with us each night. You know, the guy you rough house with, play outside with, and talk Pokemon stats with…He is your dad. I wanted to point him out to you, because I fear that you may not realize that he is here and can help you out with things, too. Whenever you want or need something, he must become invisible and you can’t see him. It’s the only explanation. I wasn’t aware of his superhuman camouflage power until we had kids. Now, I beg him to teach me his impressive incognito ways.

Here is the thing, kids. Your dad is a smart guy. His legs are not broken, and he is perfectly capable of doing all sorts of things. He can get you milk, he can answer hard math questions, he can get you a snack, and he can even help you locate your missing hats and mittens (ok…maybe that one is a bit of a stretch). I have also heard rumors that he is super good at helping put on pants and socks. I know I’m your mom and you clearly think I am amazing, but I am really not the only one in this house capable of doing most of the things that you are asking. I am so tired of saying, “Ask your father! He’s right there!” How can you not see him? 

To prove my point, let me give you a little example of what I am talking about. Remember that time when I was upstairs in the shower and you decided you wanted a granola bar but didn’t know where they were? Remember when you walked past your dad in the kitchen, through the living room, all the way up the long flight of stairs, through the hall, through my bedroom, and finally into my bathroom to ask me to find them for you? Yeah. It would have been way easier to just ask your dad. He was right there! Could have saved a lot of time. 

So, next time you are hungry, thirsty, hot, cold, hurt, sick, or in need of anything at all, let’s try something new…ASK YOUR DAD! 

Love,

Mom

21 comments:

  1. Amen. My kids even say "Mummy? Do you think Daddy would like this?" He's sat next to you. Ask him!!! Thanks for linking up to #FridayFrolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can really relate to this at the moment. Youngest doesn't stop shouting/saying "mummy". She will call me from the top of the house to get her a drink when her Dad is in the same room. Grrrr. #FridayFrolics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously...I don't get it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Been the opposite here from day 1, but I also know what you are saying. In the mornings my daughter will walk right by my wife, come all the way around to my side of the bed, and poke me until I get up. Just this past weekend, I had a bit of a fit and yelled " you know you're mom's here too, right? "

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure it can go either way! Those kids are so funny! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. This did make me laugh. I used to have this when my hubby worked away from home but now he is home early every day and the kids will equally shout either of us. Although they will always be times they only want mum. Thanks for sharing with #eatsleepblogRT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, sooooo sooooo much truth right here! Especially the bathroom! #TurnItUpTuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ain't this the truth though!? Maybe they always call upon us because we're the superior parent? Shhh. Don't tell the men folk. ;) #happynowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol. All too true. We have 'fun dad' in this house who comes in and has all the craic playing and and getting them nicely hyper before bed. Luckily enough they have me to shout demands at! Where's the justice! #brilliantblogposts

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this, made me smile all the way through:) Kids and men...bless em!:)

    Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next Sunday

    Mainy

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha it's funny as my hubby works from home and if I'm busy feeding my daughter will always ask her dad. If I can't help it's like who else?? And she always calls for him at night. Bonus!! This made me smile though and hope it works. Thanks for linking with #bestandworst x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very true! Haha. #fridayfrolics

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very true! Haha. #fridayfrolics

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha! Thankfully my kids have the decency to whine at both of us regularly. It kind of makes me wish there were a third (or fourth) adult in the house that could help out with the little minions.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha this made me laugh although our kids whine at us both here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh yes! Love my guy and little people, but ugh....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha this is brilliant! Although my little man is far to young to ask either of us things I can definitely see this been my future! My OH will be brilliant at play time but it will be good old mommy hunting down football boots and making yummy snacks! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete